Traveling for business or pleasure can take a toll on the body, especially those long flights to exotic destinations. It is essential to take extra care of your body inside and out to ensure you look and feel your best while gallivanting around the globe.
Here are some smart and simple in-flight skincare tips to help you look your best. (The new FAA regulations allows grooming products less than 3 oz each unit and must be packed in a see-thru bag).
- Pack a mist atomizer! Using bottled water is good, but infusions with essential oils and glycerine are even better. Lavender and Neroli are two amazing oils to infuse in the hydrating mist. It's not only hydrating but for the nervous traveller, the oils will also help to calm and relax the senses. For those of you shy about pampering in public, then head to the restroom and spritz yourself in private!
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I cannot reiterate the importance enough. Make sure you fly with your favorite face oil, face moisturizer, hydrating mask, body lotion and lip balm. You will need them. Moisturize with your favorite moisturizer and then press a few drops of face oil to seal in the moisture. Trust me, this will get you thru a long haul flight. There is nothing more uncomfortable than dry itchy skin and chapped lips on a long flight.
- Drink plenty of bottled water with a twist of lemon or lime to add a zest to the water. If water is not satisfying, then try mineral water or club soda instead for a little extra "zest!." Avoid drinking diuretics such as coffee, alcohol, or sodas. These beverages will dehydrate you and leave you with less energy and dry ashy skin.
- Get up and move around the plan. A bit of exercise will help keep the blood circulating and get oxygen to the skin. Remember to also stretch your arms and legs and wiggle your fingers and toes as a preventative measure against blood clots.
- Before landing, apply a hydrating mask complex and leave on for 10+ minutes then go to the restroom to rinse off by splashing some cold water on your face. This will help replenish hydration to your skin, get the blood circulating and liven up your face.
- Once off the plane and you have reclaimed your baggage, reapply Face Balm and lip balm and you are ready to see greet your fans at the arrival gate!