Masks are not only relegated to superheroes and villains. Everyday men should be incorporating a detox clay mask and or a hydrating mask into their weekly clean skincare routine. If you're unconvinced as to why face masks are beneficial, we are here to inform you of the benefits and why men should use masks.
In the currently men’s skincare revolution, there are an abundance of face masks for men ranging from sheet masks, masks that peel off, clay masks for detoxing and purifying, and finally masks that hydrate, nourish, and infuse essential nutrients and moisture to replenish and revitalize your skin. So how do you know which one is right for you and when you need them? Our opinion is that you can use a mask whenever your skin needs a bit of added selfcare. There are two types of masks every man needs: a resurfacing clay mask as well as a hydrating mask.
Clay Masks for Men
The benefits of a detox clay mask as part of your @ home men’s clean skincare routine cannot be underestimated. If you struggle with problematic, oily skin; acne, blemishes, blackheads, large pores, then a double duty clay mask infused with AHA and BHA is the right mask for you. With a simple clean skincare routine and a 20-minute natural clay face mask a week, your skin will look less congested, feel softer, less oily, pores will appear smaller, less acne, and blackheads are less noticeable. Clay masks are no longer just a treatment you get at the high-end spas. This should be part of your at home selfcare practice.
Benefits of a clay mask
- Improve skin tone, texture and smoothness
- Gently exfoliates to remove dead skin buildup
- promotes circulation and skin renewal process
- Combats acne and blemishes
- Accelerate cell renewal
- Minimize the appearance of pores
- Reduce skin inflammation and redness
Hydrating Mask for Men
Is typically for those with dry sensitive skin and those living in dryer climates. A hydrating mask is like a tall drink of water infused with nutrients for your skin. It contains moisture loving ingredients like hyaluronic acid which binds water molecules to restore moisture to skin, glycerin, squalene, and nourishing botanical extracts to feed the skin.
Benefits of a Hydrating Mask
- Improves skin texture, smoothness, and firmness for more youthful skin
- Improve skin’s hydration and natural protective barrier
- Protects against oxidative stress and environmental pollutants
- Soothes, calms, and rejuvenates skin
- Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles