How to Keep Your Skin Looking Great While Traveling
With the development of COVID vaccines and a better understanding of the virus, many people have returned to their busy travel schedules. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, it can take a toll on your body and your skin. Here are some smart and simple travel skincare tips to keep you looking great while away.
Pre-Flight Skin Prep
At home, before you leave for your trip, take some time to prep your skin. This will help keep it looking healthy and hydrated during your flight.
- Wash your face for 60 seconds with a men's face wash.
- Exfoliate your skin with a men's face scrub or an AHA/BHA toner. This will remove dead skin cells and allow your skin to better absorb products.
- Apply a hydrating mask complex. Look for products that contain humectants like hyaluronic acid and glycerin, which will attract and retain moisture in your skin.
- Moisturize with a rich emollient face balm with SPF, which will protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
- Apply a natural face oil to seal in the moisture. Look for an oil that is appropriate for your skin type.
- Apply lip balm to keep your lips hydrated.
- If your hands tend to be dry, use a hand cream.
Once you've prepped your skin, there are a few things you can do to keep it looking its best during your flight.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Avoid alcohol, which can dehydrate your skin.
- Get up and move around every few hours to improve circulation.
- Avoid touching your face, as this can transfer bacteria and lead to breakouts.
- Reapply your face oil, lip balm, and hand cream as needed.
After you arrive at your destination, take some time to give your skin some TLC.
- Wash your face with a men's face wash.
- Exfoliate your skin with a men's face scrub or an AHA/BHA toner.
- Apply a hydrating mask complex or a sheet mask to replenish your skin.
- Moisturize with a lotion, antioxidant face cream, or face balm.
- Don't forget to apply SPF!
By following these tips, you can help keep your skin looking great while traveling.
- If you are prone to dry skin, pack a humidifier for your hotel room.
- Pack your usual skincare and haircare products. Don't switch products just for the trip.
- If you are prone to jet lag, try to adjust your sleep schedule gradually before your trip.
- If you are taking medication, make sure to pack enough for your trip.
- If you are traveling to a foreign country, be sure to research the local customs and laws regarding medications and other personal items.
I hope these tips help you keep your skin looking great while traveling! If you’re lucky enough to end up at a seaside destination, take a dip in the ocean. Your skin and hair will thank you!